Camp Counselors / Interns at Sonrise Mountain Ranch will serve alongside the permanent staff and volunteers, assisting in various areas of the ministry as needed. We host 6-night Family Retreats throughout the summer which have a youth and children’s program for 2 to 4 hours each day. During that time, the counselors work in the youth and children’s program under the direction of the Youth and Children’s Program Director.
At other times, counselors assist in the programmed family activities (object lessons, games, campfires), in serving and cleaning up after meals, and in other tasks/projects that are part of the ministry. Counselors and permanent staff spend time together each week with the goal of becoming more like Christ. Counselors will have the opportunity to grow in their understanding of Christ-like leadership, ministering to families, and living in Biblical community through their experience here.
- begin accepting applications: December 1
- begin interview process: January 15
- arrival: May 17
- mid-season break: July 5-9
- departure: August 15
- A teachable heart and a desire to grow in your relationship with Christ
- A desire to love and serve families out of your love for God
- A desire to teach and encourage youth and children
- A willingness to serve wherever needed
- A desire to live in community with the SMR staff
- A high school graduate
- $700 per month
- Housing and all utilities provided
- All meals provided