We host week long retreats for families, giving them a chance to slow down and consider how they want to invest their lives in light of God’s design. During these retreats, we provide each family with their own cabin, all the meals, and a schedule which includes interactive Bible study, fun family activities, a children’s program, and plenty of free time to enjoy the available recreational activities and surrounding area.
Families are welcome to attend by themselves or with other families they know. We encourage you to consider coming on a retreat alongside other families with whom you would like to walk the road of life, with other families that are essentially aiming for the same target in life. These could be families from your Bible study, small group, neighborhood, or even extended family.
Whether you decide to come with just your family or with a group of families, the retreats are designed to be valuable, enjoyable, and memorable for your family.
• 8:45 Breakfast
• 9:30 Family Worship Time
• 10:00 Morning Session (Parallel Youth and Children’s Session)
• 12:00 Family Challenge Course
• 12:30 Lunch
• 1:00 Family Free Time
Hiking, Fishing, Paddle Boating / Canoeing, Arts/Crafts
Sightseeing/Shopping in: Ouray, Telluride, Black Canyon National Park
• 6:00 Dinner
• 7:00 Campfire / Game Night / Movie Night / Evening Session
• 8:30 Family Free Time
Family Retreat (6 night)
The cost is $700 per adult and $200 per child (with a $2200 maximum fee for each family). This fee covers the entire retreat from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day and includes a private cabin for each family, all meals, and programmed activities. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due with your registration.
Things to know before you register:
- A non-refundable deposit is required with your registration.
- Cancellations before March 31 for a family retreat are refundable minus the deposit fee. Cancellations after March 31 are not refundable.
- For your planning purposes, the retreat arrival window is between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm on the first day of your retreat. The retreat will conclude around 10:00 am on the final day. As you make travel arrangements, it is good to keep in mind that the curriculum and activities are sequentially distributed throughout the entire retreat, so leaving early or arriving late is something we strongly discourage. We have found it can negatively impact the retreat experience for your family and others.
- Additionally, please note that due to housing, guest interaction, allergies and pet to pet issues, we are not able to accommodate your pets at SMR. We appreciate your understanding, and thank you for making other arrangements for them.