Sonrise Mountain Ranch is a Christ-centered interdenominational retreat center in a spectacular mountain valley in southwestern Colorado. SMR’s mission is to grow Great Commandment, Great Commission families. SMR hosts weeklong and weekend retreats throughout the year for families and couples, encouraging them to embrace God’s design and giving them a chance to deepen relationships within their own family and with other families.
Interns at Sonrise Mountain Ranch will serve alongside the permanent staff and volunteers, assisting in various areas of the ministry as needed. We host 5 and 6-night Family Retreats throughout the summer which have a youth and children’s program for 2 to 4 hours each day. During that time, the interns work in the youth and children’s program under the direction of the Youth and Children’s Program Director.
At other times, the interns assist in the programmed family activities (object lessons, games, campfires), in serving and cleaning up after meals, and in other tasks/projects that are part of the ministry. Interns and permanent staff spend time together each week with the goal of becoming more like Christ. Interns will have the opportunity to grow in their understanding of Christ-like leadership, ministering to families, and living in Biblical community through their experience here.
- begin accepting applications- November 1, 2017
- begin interview process- January 15, 2018
- arrival- May 20-21, 2018
- mid-season break- July 8-12, 2018
- departure- August 17, 2018
• A teachable heart and a desire to grow in your relationship with Christ
• A desire to love and serve families out of your love for God
• A desire to teach and encourage youth and children
• A willingness to serve wherever needed
• A desire to live in community with the SMR staff
• $600 per month
• Housing and all utilities provided
• All meals provided
1670 County Road 858
Cimarron, CO 81220
Apply Online Now